Monday, January 4, 2016

Design Wall Monday

I am hoping to turn over a new leaf for 2016.  This blog has taken a back seat to life.  This isn't always a bad thing, but I am hoping to spur on some quilt finishes this year.

The design wall is full of possibilities.  Goal for this quilt:  to be finished by the first Tuesday of February.  That is our quilt guild meeting.  Most of it is done.  It won't take long to finish up.  I am hoping to get it on the long arm soon.



It is based on an idea from the web.  Possibly Angel Pingel's Cut to Pieces.  I love her book "A Quilter's Mixology".  It "seams" like I came across a cool quilt from somewhere on her site, maybe pictures from a class.  That was my inspiration for this quilt.  Our guild swapped 5" square pastel/light batiks in 2015.  This quilt just goes together great using these 5" squares as the main area of the quilt.  The leafs let me use the Accuquilt Drunkards Path Dye.  The design wall is a little small for the current size.  Stop back and let's see if I can hit that deadline. I am imagining a small dark border surrounded by another round of light squares.  Opinions please.

I am linking up with Judy L. "The Patchwork Times"-Design Wall Monday.  Go see what others are up too.

Just Another Quilter

3 comments:

  1. At least you have a goal, and you have a head start on a pretty quilt. I'm sure you'll finish it by the time you set. I'll be watching for the finished quilt. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pastels are so soft and pretty. I like your idea of the dark border with the pastels for the outer border. I am anxious to see the final layout. I think you will have it together by Feb. I'll be watching along with Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely! The leaves are such a good contrast to the pretty pastels. I'm sure you'll make the deadline.

    ReplyDelete